Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Afternoon Away

It was one of the longest mornings I've had in a while and instead of going for another cup of coffee as I would usually do, I thought that today was as good a day as any to learn how to ride a horse. Fr. Marc has two of them on property; one is a wild one and the other is a very calm and peaceful one. I chose the wild one and had a blast! Before today, I had never even touched a horse let alone sat on one so it was a great experience. One of the men who takes care of the horses heard I wanted to try riding so he went and got me a saddle, stirrup and a switch. The horse (currently nameless) and I rode out a few miles from campus to the corn fields and went crazy. We were out for about an hour and a half and I can't wait to go out again.

No comments:

-- Start Bravenet.com Service Code -->