Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blackout

After several days of nearly no electricity, I started to worry that my days would have to end when the sun goes down. I've had to use my flashlight to read and write and am now almost out of batteries. Life is slow here and without electricity it is unbelievably slow. I was warned by many before coming down here that things don't happen over night and now I understand all too well. After 1 week, I've only been able to locate 7 of the 45 children and adults who need TB tests and it took all morning to find the same 7 so that I could read their results and determine if they tested positive or negative.
I just signed on to teach an English and a Spanish class for about 10 boys this summer and I'm starting my first ballroom dance/latin dance lessons this evening for all the children. They keep asking when I'll teach them, so I'll surprise them with it tonight.
That's all for now, I've got a scabies and ringworm prevention program to write up.

No comments:

-- Start Bravenet.com Service Code -->